Update Data Science Meet & Greet
Update Data Science Meet & Greet
On Wednesday November 21st, 2018, we will organize the Data Science Meet & Greet. 13 Of our member organizations and 170 students will meet each other.
The preparations are in full swing. The participating member organizations are busy preparing a 10 minute pitch, which will give the students a good idea of the daily practice of data science. This is the event that brings the daily practice and education closer together!
High number of participating students
The interest from the students is overwhelming. 170 Students have registered. Even from Maastricht and Groningen there are enthusiastic students on the list of participants. All students have the motivation to discover the daily activities of a data scientist, who are working at a large corporate, and to establish contacts for a possible 1st job, graduation project or traineeship.
In just one afternoon the students will get information from these 13 members of the CIO Platform Nederland:
Every organization will give a pitch on the 21st of November. An impression of the diversity of subjects:
- ANWB: “Data Science helps 4,5 million members on the road, carefree and with fun.”
- CZ: “Life as a Data Scientist at CZ: from data driven customer service, fraud detection to care pathways.”
- Dutch Railways: “With data, the Data & Analytics department helps the Dutch Railways in their further growth towards a data driven organization. To work on a timetable without disruptions, and an excellent service for our traveller. During our pitch, come and listen how our data scientists and data engineers can make a difference in this.”
- Government of Rotterdam: “Data science in the Government of Rotterdam: Learning curve prediction with sparse data.”
- Heineken: “Data driven beer: how Heineken generates value using data science across the world.”
- Leaseplan: “Join our talk to know how LeasePlan uses Data Science & Machine Learning to better manage a fleet of 1.7 Million cars in over 30 countries, and to deliver its vision of ‘Any car, Anytime, Anywhere’, while also defining ‘What’s next’ in the future of mobility!”
- Philips: "Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster".
- Pon: “Making Pon the smartest trading and service company in the world.”
- ProRail: “From a progressive IT strategy to successful implementation: How data science found its place between large chunks of steel at ProRail.”
- RET: “Take a journey with RET: how data drives valuable connections. How checking in with your OV chipcard supports insight into track maintenance.”
- Stedin: “Working together to create a world full of new energy.“
- Universiteit Utrecht: “Universiteit Utrecht is the place of bright minds and big data. Together we create a better future."
- VIVAT: “Working with data within a dynamic Dutch top 5 insurance company on fraud detection, customer lifetime value, churn models, process mining, etc. Creating value with data is one of our top strategic themes. We have a lively internal data science community where we share knowledge and support each other. We work closely together with 4 top universities in the Netherlands.”
Bachelor and Master IT students who want to start their career in data science. It is not necessarily necessary that students follow a data science study. Of course, an excessive interest in data science/data analytics is an important criterion.
Registration and practical information
On Wednesday the 14th of November the registration period was closed. The language of the event is English. Location: Utrecht University, Science Park, Utrecht. More information about the program of the Meet & Greet.
If there are any questions, please send these to email@example.com.